One thing I really want to share is Trust.
Actually, I was impressed by the relationship between students & teachers today.
(Also I imagine could we share this kind of relationship with our kids in Yunlin.)
When students tried to achieve the goal for their mission, teachers as an instructor didn't interrupt their conversation even when they met some conflicts.
I think of that...
Students need to grow up by themselves, yet under a safe circumtance with parents or teachers by their side.
It might be hard, and they may fail when they try to practice good character.
However, they know teachers' expectation, also they know their own will toward the goals.
How to let the students volunteer to practice good character in their future days?
I find a word to the answer is "LOVE".
Just like Lily shared this afternoon, "The kids know they're beloved..."
I saw Hualien CEI teachers' love showed by their trust, acceptance, smile, hug and also kiss!!!
Never worry about how to explaining to students they should correct wrong behavior;
You just do it when it's necessary.
Never forget to give them a chance to try again.
They might grow up anytime.
--
I was so appreciated and inspired to see Hualien CEI again!
Thank Hualien team for being a good model for us, and prayed for us.
I thank God for giving us the power, strength and grace we need everyday he prepared for us.
All of us can do something amazing to change Taiwan's kids, and we're doing it.
Thank my dear partners in Yunlin CEI.
I love you girls so much because we shared the days with sunshine, also with gray sky.
(I mean average 25 year-old young girls :P)
要一起繼續加油哦! 我愛妳們!
by Lanci 2010/11/04 night
2010/11/05
【Share】花蓮follow up之見習 (by Lanci)
Categories:
心得分享 Share

3 comments:
Lanci~Your article was so touch my heart.
I almost cry when I saw your sentence:"How to let the students volunteer to practice good character in their future days?I find a word to the answer is LOVE." ("LOVE" also the answer that Harry Potter have defeated Voldemort...sorry I just kidding~ )
It remind me never forget to trust kids and give them second chance.
I love you partners:)
Joyce
Hi Lanci
Thanks for sharing your feeling.
I also encouraged ,too.
Sometimes When i visit schools,teachters told me they did not know how to teach students.
Teachers only sees student's shortcoming .it is difficult to them to see student's advantage.
By your sharing , I can give them some encouragement .
^_^
OOO, I like this, LanCi. It seems so long ago that we were with the Hualien team, but your words have brought back the wonderful memories. I am also reminded of the way that God also lets us learn ~ guiding us, but letting us decide. I want to love the kids like this too.
Love you, dear girl <3
~Jo
Post a Comment